More than your average disc jockey service, Imperial DJ caters to those desiring the best in wedding entertainment. Imperial DJ is based out of Rochester and serves upstate NY.
You only get one chance to share a wedding with the one you love. We hope you let Imperial DJ Entertainment make it spectacular!
Creating memorable receptions one at a time
Imperial DJ Entertainment was founded in 2004. Featuring professional-grade sound equipment and outstanding talent, we serve couples desiring to distinguish themselves with classy & upbeat receptions. Based in Rochester, NY, Imperial DJ primarily operates in western NY but has traveled as far as Virginia.
Imperial DJ does not perform at high school dances or retirement parties; instead, we chose to be the best in the business at one thing: creating a memorable wedding day for you and your guests!
Every wedding reception should be unique. We meet personally with every couple to find out what YOU want. After carefully determining the vision for your perfect day, our emcee uses creativity, energy, and humor to charm your guests and keep the focus on you.
So much more than great music
Your friends arrived. The vows were exchanged. The kiss was beautiful.
But what will your guests remember most about your wedding day? It’s not the double-decker cake or the flower arrangements. In the end, your guests will remember whether or not they had fun. We coordinate your celebration so the memories last a lifetime—for you and your guests.
We take the time to truly uncover your thoughts and feelings about the reception. Rather than assign you a random DJ, the same person who guides you through the entire planning process will emcee your event. This makes it easier to turn your dream of the perfect day into reality.
Imperial DJ Entertainment is like your own wedding planner for the reception. We will coordinate with the photographer and party house to ensure the details do not overwhelm you and your event runs flawlessly.
It’s the little touches that set Imperial DJ apart from the rest. If you want a stunning reception, why settle for average entertainment?
Every reception package includes the following:
- Planning consultation with tips & suggestions for a stunning reception
- 2 professionally dressed DJs who take no breaks to orchestrate your entire reception
- Early set-up so the music & lights are ready to go before your guests arrive
- Unlimited hours…this means paying for NO OVERTIME once your guests are having a blast!
- Top-of-the-line sound system to effortlessly fill even large venues, including a wireless mic for toasts
- State-of-the-art LED lighting system to keep the dance floor exciting
- Non-stop entertainment including easy dance lessons to get everyone dancing
- Fun party props for photos & dancing (if requested)
Add a touch of class to any venue with LED enhanced lighting to perfectly match your wedding colors
Get to know the newlyweds by playing a hilarious game show, Who Wants to See a Million Dollar Kiss?
Imagine walking up for the father-daughter dance when a pre-recorded message from the bride comes over the speakers saying how much she loves him! Listen to voiceover
Realizing many people rarely have occasions to dance, we can walk your guests through a quick lesson so they are dancing in no time!
Meet your entertainment director
Todd Cavanaugh has been working with couples since 2004 to deliver entertaining wedding receptions. A natural on the stage, Todd uses humor, creativity, emotion, and even a bit of magic to ensure your party is a top-notch success. With his outgoing personality and enthusiastic spirit, you can rest assured your guests will never feel bored or restless.
Todd understands the importance of careful planning. That is why he personally meets with each couple before their wedding to capture their vision and give educated recommendations.
Utilizing smooth segues, your emcee keeps the reception flowing—with the focus on you. By the end, your guests will feel they know you and your spouse better than ever. Todd takes personal pride in treating each reception like it was his own.
Your emcee will be professionally dressed in your choice of a tuxedo or suit.
Advice from recent brides
- In a survey, 72% of all brides say they would have spent more time choosing their reception entertainment
- The average cost of reception music is $1,250, according to the Fairchild Bridal Group
- Almost 100% of brides say they would have spent more of their budget on the reception entertainment
- During wedding planning, brides say their highest priority is their attire, followed by the reception site and caterer; reception entertainment is among the least of their priorities. Within one week after their reception, 78% of brides say they would have made the entertainment their highest priority!
- When asked, 81% of guests say the thing they remember most about a wedding is the entertainment
- 65% of all couples that chose a band to entertain at their wedding said they would have chosen a disc jockey instead
*These statistics were published in St. Louis Bride & Groom Magazine in 2003. Sources include: Simmons, 2001; USA Today, 2002; National Bridal Service, 2001; The Knot, 2002; Brides Magazine, 2001.